Updated 17th November 2020.

As the UK prepares for Brexit , it is your responsibility to be aware of changes to rules and regulations when travelling to Europe - and adhere to them.

Below, you'll find a handy guide to the changes Brexit will bring to our European holidays. At the end of this page we've provided a link to the website which we suggest you save and check back on regularly to ensure you are fully up to date before you travel.

Passport expiration:

Please ensure each person travelling has a passport that:

 - Is valid for a minimum of at least 6 months

- Is less than 10 years old

Travel may be refused if either of these are not adhered too.

Travel insurance:

As we always recommend, please ensure you have a valid travel insurance policy before travelling. The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) will only be valid until 31st December 2020. Please ensure your travel insurance policy covers any pre-existing medical conditions, as these were covered by the EHIC however, many insurance polices will not cover for existing conditions.

You can get great deals on travel insurance with us, click on the link to find out more -

At immigration:

As we leave the EU, UK passport holders may no longer be able to use lanes designated for EU Nationals (often shown as EU and EAA), and will need to use the lanes marked for travellers arriving from the rest of the world.

You may also be required to produce the following documentation on arrival:

1) Proof of a valid return or onward journey

2) Proof you have enough money for your stay

Driving in the EU:

From 1st January 2021, you may be required to have an International Driving Permit (IPD) when driving in Europe.

The Post Office has a handy tool for this -

If you are driving your own car, you may need to obtain and carry a physical Green Card, allowing your UK insurance to be valid in the EU. You can get these from your car insurance provider although they may charge a small fee. You may also need a GB sticker displayed when driving your own car.

Visas and length of stays:

You will not require a visa as a tourist and you'll be able to stay for a total of 90 days in any 180 day period.

Will my flight operate:

Yes -no worries here as the UK and EU have ensured flights will continue to operate as normal.

Mobile roaming:

Who doesn't love taking a selfie and showing off on social media however, roaming charges are changing. We advise you check with your network provider to understand your data roaming policy and charges.

You must keep up to date with changes to European travel rules and regulations:

It is your responsibility to keep up to date with the very latest advice and information with regards travel rules and regulations. With this in mind, we recommend you save the below link to the website and check back on a regular basis.